Monday, June 11, 2007

First approximation to a blog

Part of my assignment for an NYU online learning seminar includes creating a blog. So I shall begin with an ultra-brief biography of my path to physics.

I believe that I have always been curious person. Apparently, my world opened up around the age of 2 or 3 when the babysitter told my parents that "this child can't see." So after a trip to the opthalmologist and a pair of extra thick convex lenses, this little girl excitedly exclaimed "Look Daddy, I see an airplane!" Learning to read soon followed, and a future professor of physics was born.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Physics chicks are ridiculously sexy! I LUV IT!

Dr. D said...

I do believe my husband is trying to model a student's response here. A response that isn't necessarily very reflective.

CWiseman said...

I can relate to your experience of getting glasses -- but I was much older -- in 3rd grade...so for the first 3years of elementary school I really hadn't been able toreadthe board...my sight was so bad that the school nurse thought I was lying in order to get glasses.