Saturday, January 17, 2009

ScienceOnline '09

Currently, I am attending ScienceOnline '09 in North Carolina's Research Triangle. This conference is an annual science communication conference, with extensive sessions on blogging, science education. Generally speaking, it's about sharing the wonders of science with the community.

It has also motivated me to keep this 2nd attempt at blogging going - so far so good. Finally, it's my first conference since my little sweet potato was born, and although I'm getting rest I'm missing the little bugger. But I'm sure Grandma and Granddad are enjoying all the face time with their grandbaby!

3 comments:

DNLee said...

hey Dr. D. Great meeting you at the conference.

Just keep up the good work with the blog. I'm looking forward to your post. When I made a similar committment to blog 'for real' I told myself I would simply aim to blog at least x number of days a week. I'm a weekday blogger. Any weekend posts are just bonus so I promised to blog 1-2 times per week. Easy. Even if it's just a photo for wordless wednesday or a link love post. simple.

Oh, and I submitted this blog to the every growing list of Black Blogs on the monthly Black Blog Rankings. Look forward to seeing your blog on next month's ranking.
http://electronicvillage.blogspot.com/2009/01/top-ten-black-blogs-jan-2009.html

Dr. D said...

Thanks DNLee! I will take your goal as inspiration. I plan to post 2x during the work week. Happy blogging!

Betül said...

Hi! I was in SciO09 too, and I wish I could meet you.. Anyways, I am new to this blog and I will keep an eye here. Happy blogging! (I liked this) :)